• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SSI payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

k607640

What is the name of your state (only California U.S. law)? Hello,
My mother is 78 y.o and living with me and my husband in our condo. My mother is low income. She has no dental insurance and because she needed to pay huge dental bill and save her from starvation my husband and I agreed to let her give us small amt of money not 1/3 of all the expences . What a mistake we made. Her SSI payments were reduced by $225/mo because she lost her independent living status. Per my mother;s request I am helping her to prove that she is paying 1/3 of all the expences now but she is getting a run around. SSA reps ask us to bring one paper after another and suggest my mother to rent her own appt or a room. The problem is my mother does not want to live alone and cries every time this subject is brought up. On the top of this she has very bad arthritis ( hardly walks with walker at home, uses wheelchair outside), diabetes, high blood pressure, poor memory and I am providing non medical services for FREE 20 hrs a day. She has a caregiver x 4 hrs because she needs assistance with cares . My mother is on a verge of having a nervous breakdown. Could anyone, please, help us with advise how to prove to SSA reps that she pays 1/3 of all the expences and she needs full SSI because it leaves her only with $9 for food to live. I have medical certifications as proof she can't leave independently. Will agreement between 3 of us suffice as a proof that she pays 1/3 of the expences. Thanks for your time reading this. Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">