• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Std over pay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cdoughty

I was recently contacted by my former employer stating that the insurance company that I had while working for them was getting ready to send me to collections on an over payment of benefits. After contacting the insurance company (who had to approve every payment), I found out that they are saying they over paid me for 2 months or $2100. Can they send me to collections? Is there a way to fight it? Or am I Sol?

Cdoughty

The overpayment occurred late 2014 is what they said I believe. It would have been early 2015 at the latest. It was for short term disability after a knee injury.

tranquility

I was recently contacted by my former employer stating that the insurance company that I had while working for them was getting ready to send me to collections on an over payment of benefits. After contacting the insurance company (who had to approve every payment), I found out that they are saying they over paid me for 2 months or $2100. Can they send me to collections? Is there a way to fight it? Or am I Sol?
The overpayment occurred late 2014 is what they said I believe.
Are you saying you have had no communication with the insurance company and the first you have heard of anything resembling a problem, including a possible demand for information, is now through your employer?

Have you moved or otherwise had a problem to receive communication at the address and phone number you have been signed up with the insurance company upon? (Terrible sentence, I accept. Not in the mood for grammar. I hope the meaning is clear.) If so, did you properly notify the insurance company of that change?

Cdoughty

I just recently moved. I had received a letter from the insurance company, I believe early this year. I have received no phone calls (number has not changed in 10 years), I quit working for the company in September of 2015 and decided to end my insurance as well. In all I only received the one letter from the insurance company (they claim multiple letters were sent). My anger and frustration with the company is a large reason for me putting the letter off and not dealing with them sooner. They have agreed to allow me to make payments and send copies of all the letters previously "sent".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">