• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sudden Termination after 11 years !?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sultrysue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington How long does an insurance company have to respond to an appeal for termination of benefits?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

azskye

Erisa ltd denial

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington
How long does an insurance company have to respond to an appeal for termination of benefits?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Are you saying that you have been getting disability for 11 years from an employer's LTD insurance policy, and they have suddenly denied your claim?

If so, I assume you have appealed this? How did you appeal, what did you ask them in the appeal? Was it in writing? Need a bit more info.

ERISA has very specific laws about what they can do - and what you can do, and the time limits for both.

You have XXX number of days to appeal their denial in writing, and XXX number of days to reply. Their letter MUST had specified WHY you are no longer disabled, and what has changed since you were disabled.

Please visit the links below for more info. Google "erisa ltd claims appeal" and you will find loads of info. I am disabled, have been for 15 yrs, and have been through every dirty trick that they can think of. I am still fighting for my benefits AGAIN!

Let me know if, after reading up on this subject, you have more specific questions. Good Luck!

AZSkye - NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT OFFERING LEGAL ADVISE

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">