• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

15 year old does not want to live with mother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dbeach8253

What is the name of your state? IL
2 girls dont want to live with mother!!
18 year old was able to move out of the house this year now lives with father no problem.
15 year old does not want to live ther any More what can she do to move out.
ex wont talk at all and has admited to kids that it is all about the money and what kind of hurt she can give me i am remarryed and happy with 2 boys this is gitting out of hand cant afford a lawyer what can i do thanks Dan

ENASNI

hard to follow

Are you the father?
Your post is really hard to follow. Are you trying to say you are the Dad and want to get custody of younger daughter too?

We appreciate you trying to follow the rules of the forum by being brief, but you need to make sure we know what you are talking about, okay?

dbeach8253

2 girls dont want to live with mother and her mental boyfriend !!

18 year old was able to move out of the house this year now lives with me the father no problem.

15 year old does not want to live there any More i dont think she can make another 2 years without a break down what can she do to move out.

ex wont talk to me at all if there is a problem she call her lawyer and he takes me to court she has admited to kids that it is all about the money and what kind of hurt she can give me and does not care about them

I am happly remarryed with 2 boys this is gitting out of hand cant afford a lawyer what can i do thanks Dan[/QUOTE]

ENASNI

oooh kaayy

Getting closer Dan.

She has a lawyer, you can't afford one, got that
There must be some papers saying she has custody, yes? no?

I will use your lingo, its seems to be the best way.

Papers Yes?
How old are they? papers I mean
What do they say? She has custody? full? partial? you have visitation?

Number 1 daughter 18, she knows its bad there, yes?
Can you get a guardian ad litem to see if it is bad/safe or just kids saying so?

You can you look that up in a search engine or search on this forum to see what that can do for you> it helps see if the other home is safe for the #2 child.

I am glad that you care so much and want her to be safe, are you keeping in phone contact with her? is her sister?

We need more info to help, and some won't help at all if you are rude, so Dan, keep it nice and polite.

(oops I am using punctuation)

Last edited:

dbeach8253

dbeach8253 said:

2 girls dont want to live with mother and her mental boyfriend !!

18 year old was able to move out of the house this year now lives with me the father no problem.

15 year old does not want to live there any More i dont think she can make another 2 years without a break down what can she do to move out.

ex wont talk to me at all if there is a problem she call her lawyer and he takes me to court she has admited to kids that it is all about the money and what kind of hurt she can give me and does not care about them

I am happly remarryed with 2 boys this is gitting out of hand cant afford a lawyer what can i do thanks Dan
[/QUOTE]

divorce papers 1991

Exwife has sole custody per divorce aggrement i get visitation every other weekend

I talk to her (#2) at least twice a week to make sure things are ok that is if her mother let me talk to her and her sister see her every day at school

#1 knows it is bad there but does not want to talk about it

#2 has been to her school counseler and they told her there is nothing they can do for her and to just bear it

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Well, you can file for a modification of custody - and then you'll have to prove her unfit. Or you can call CPS if you think she's being abused - though the counselor would have had to do so if s/he thought abuse was occuring.

So, just what is going on that makes your younger daughter want to move out of Mom's?

dbeach8253

stealth2 said:
Well, you can file for a modification of custody - and then you'll have to prove her unfit. Or you can call CPS if you think she's being abused - though the counselor would have had to do so if s/he thought abuse was occuring.

So, just what is going on that makes your younger daughter want to move out of Mom's?
Mon And boyfriend just lay around and yell and make her do all the house hold work i guess they use her as a slave to clean up after them she is stuck in room NO she stays in her room just so she wont get yelled at for no reason there is no phy abuse that i can see but there is a lot of mental abuse exwifes boyfriend keeps telling her #2 that he is going to call the police on #2 friends for what i dont know what i am told is she is only worth can good while they a worth stake this is a quote from #2 i bought her a cell phone to stay in contact with her but she has to hide it so they cant fine it exwife has taken away one cell from her and wont give back so i just bought another one .Sorry for jumping around so much i drive a truck so i dont know that much about the law All i want to do is make sure my kids are safe thanks

Off the beat #1 had a bank account with 1100.00 dollars in and my ex cleared it out without #1 knowing about it is there anything she can do to get her money back

ENASNI

child support

You said the Ex just wants the money.

This makes me think you pay child support? Was this mandated in the papers?

All of this was decided in 1991 in the divorce papers. She got sole custody then? There were no seperate papers on Custody, Support and Visitation.

You only get every other weekend, nothing said about Holidays, vacations?

Have you ever tried to fight this before?
You seem to live close together, that is a good thing, I am glad the sisters get to see each other. Sometimes teenagers have problems living at home, and can stretch the truth sometimes, it might not be that bad at home.

Now that the 18 year old is living with you, you may be able to lessen the child support.

Addendum:
You said if there is a problem she calls her lawyer and she takes you to court... What problems have you been brought to court for in the past, does this have to do with her having sole custody?. More info Dan.

Why don't you see if you can get a modification of custody (as stealth said) as well as reduce your child support payments, or at least increase visitation.

Some of these things you can do on your own, but I wish you could get a laywer, look into to legal aid.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">