• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 questions about annulment.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pourhomme

Pennsylvania:

My husband has left me, and I do not know where he is. I am ready to apply for annulment based on fraud.We have never lived together after we got married. There are no children and no property involved.

My questions are:

Who serves annulment papers: police officers or my attorney can send them by mail?

If he does not return the copies of papers or simply leaves them unclaimed( I am not sure that he even comes to our last address), will court make me advertise in order to look for him more thoroughly, or they are most likely to let me ask for judgement default?

Thank you.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If you have an attorney you should be asking him/her your questions. Most likely you will be able to serve by certified mail and if it goes unclaimed then you will have to request the court to allow you to serve by publication AFTER proving that you have made a diligent search.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">