• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jonesy82

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I have an 401k from a past job I was laid off from on 10/01/1994. I was married 5/8/1994, is my spouse entitled to 50% ?

I also have a IRA that was opend up in the early 80's a gift from my folks. No further money has been deposited since it was opened. My understanding is this was a gift and is exempt from division. Am I correct?

V

VeeGee

I think she is entitled to half...but ask a lawyer to be certain. I don't know about the gift.

J

jonesy82

Thanks Veegee-

That is what her Lawyer said too about the 401k. I e-mailed her attorney and another concerning the IRA still waiting. I did not get a Lawyer, really nothing to fight over no kids just assets and debts seems pretty straight forward in WI

Last edited:
V

VeeGee

You sound like a nice person, I hope things work out for you. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">