• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abandoned Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

My state is Texas.

I've been divorced for a year now and have retained the primary residence prior to my divorce. My ex has left quite a number of personal items at my house that have taken up a great deal of room. I've requested him to remove his things numerous times, but have been put off repeatedly. I sent him an email on 9/4 asking him to remove his items (once again) by the end of the month. Today I am sending him a certified letter telling him that unless he removes his personal property by the end of the month, I will dispose of it myself (trash bin).

Can I do this? Even though one of the items (a motorcycle) was awarded to him in the divorce? It's mostly stuff like sporting equipment, tools and clothes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">