• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abandonment of spouse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

theresam45

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
My husband left me two months after we married in 2005. I heard he is gay,but I dont know where he is. How can and what would I file under for divorce will this be a promblem. No property,children or financials in this marriage.

T. in Ohio

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
My husband left me two months after we married in 2005. I heard he is gay,but I dont know where he is. How can and what would I file under for divorce will this be a promblem. No property,children or financials in this marriage.

T. in Ohio
You file for divorce and serve him by certified mail at his last known address. Have you contacted his parents? His siblings? Do you know where they live? You can try serving him at their house. If that fails then serve him by publication per the court's local rules. most counties publish their local rules online so do a google search for your county. If you are pregnant however that will cause a problem. As will if you have had children in the last three years regardless of whether they are his or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">