• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

abondoned

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sweetlite

VA- how do i go ahead and file for divorce based on been abondoned? its being over a year and a half, and i am left with in a house that i am working extra long hours just to make the payments. can i filed for this a the court house on my own? i need to get out of this house and get it sell.

PS i got an address for where he is staying?

djohnson

You can file on your own, however to make sure everything was done right, I would say get an attorney. It's not an easy job to do on your own.

Grammar Lesson

sweetlite said:
VA- how do i go ahead and file for divorce based on been abondoned? its being over a year and a half, and i am left with in a house that i am working extra long hours just to make the payments. can i filed for this a the court house on my own? i need to get out of this house and get it sell.

PS i got an address for where he is staying?
Just a nice friendly note: the correct spelling is "abandoned".

BelizeBreeze

And now for the correct LEGAL answer. Virginia does not allow a divorce on the grounds of Abandonment. The criteria you are citing is a minimum requirement for filing.

veronicalouise said:
LOL, aren't you going to correct the rest?
Ha, why don't we let Senior Members correct grammar sentences, then let IAAL have a final proof reading? Very funny.... the only reason I pointed out was because the writer's subject was misspelled and was eye catchy. And I just pointed out to the writer that next time he/she mentioned about "abandoned", he/she then will be in a better position to spell correctly.

Regards, Tom

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">