• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

absent payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jgdpt

What is the name of your state? I live in virginia. Is it possible to go to court in my state and have my wife's name removed from the mortgage since she is no longer paying?

What does the law state about abandonment of mortgage payment by a spouse? Will she still be entitled to half of my house if she no longer pays for any of the bills in the house?

Also my wife stopped paying on the debts we shared together. We have only been separated for a month,will I be able to recoup that money sooner rather than later?

Since my wife no longer pays for the mortgage, can i legally change the locks to my house?

Last edited:

I will answer the easy one to this question, of course you can change the locks to your house, do it once a week if you like. The real question is, does this limit or prevent her access to the house???

If she stopped paying on the house, and stopped paying on the debts, I am sure that she has be advised what to do. This will be settled in court over the next 6 months to 2 years. Good-luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">