• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Access to Wifes e-mail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fxdwg4

I learned that my wife was having an affair with another man. They were keeping in touch with each other through my wifes e-mail acount at her work. I got ahold of my wifes password and accessed her e-mail account through the internet. It was a Microsoft Outlook account. I The only thing I was doing was reading her e-mails in an attempt to see what she was doing and who she was doing it with. I have been told that this was a vioaltion of law, specifically 18 USC 2511. I am trying to find out if this is acurate. I read that law and it appears to have been written for someone whose intent is fraud. It does not appear as though this law was written to cover domestic issues such as this.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

fxdwg4 said:
I learned that my wife was having an affair with another man. They were keeping in touch with each other through my wifes e-mail acount at her work. I got ahold of my wifes password and accessed her e-mail account through the internet. It was a Microsoft Outlook account. I The only thing I was doing was reading her e-mails in an attempt to see what she was doing and who she was doing it with. I have been told that this was a vioaltion of law, specifically 18 USC 2511. I am trying to find out if this is acurate. I read that law and it appears to have been written for someone whose intent is fraud. It does not appear as though this law was written to cover domestic issues such as this.

My response:

Why did you purposefully delete, and fail to answer, the State Name question?

IAAL

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Your wife's company may sure have a problem with your accessing her work email account. At the very least, I would bet that nothing you accessed would be permissibly in court. At worst? Her company could have a case against you. I'd be calling my lawyer.

E

Ex Is Nuts

Hopefully you haven't told her that you found the info! Yep, I'd keep my mouth shut about that. If she already knows, you best pray you don't get sued!

Anyway, if you haven't told her that you know about this, and if the emails gave you details of where, when, and how she is having the affair, get you a date stamping camera ($50 bucks at Walmart) and go take some pics (Besides, as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words!!!!) or go get you a video camera and try to tape her having the affair. ;) That's good solid LEGAL evidence.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">