• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

??? Adultery ???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

importantal

I am in the state of Florida. I have been married to my husband for 8 years now and have 3 kids with him. I have one other child from a previous relationship. I already have filed for divorce myself and have had him already served with a restraining order. I have had lots of problems with domestic violence and he has had alot of legal problems and is now currently in jail. Now to my question????? My oldest sons father hasnt been in the picture for 8 years and I recently got in contacted with him on October 10th because I had filed for child support while I was in a domestic violence shelter (went to shelter on sept 24th) cause of the problems with me husband. I wanted to know if I were to move in with my oldest childs father and start that relationship again would that be considered adultery since I havent finalized my divorce yet. And could it get me into any type of trouble with the divorce? My husband if were out of jail when the court date comes along would try and do anything to harm me.

Thanks
Aileen

LdiJ

importantal said:
I am in the state of Florida. I have been married to my husband for 8 years now and have 3 kids with him. I have one other child from a previous relationship. I already have filed for divorce myself and have had him already served with a restraining order. I have had lots of problems with domestic violence and he has had alot of legal problems and is now currently in jail. Now to my question????? My oldest sons father hasnt been in the picture for 8 years and I recently got in contacted with him on October 10th because I had filed for child support while I was in a domestic violence shelter (went to shelter on sept 24th) cause of the problems with me husband. I wanted to know if I were to move in with my oldest childs father and start that relationship again would that be considered adultery since I havent finalized my divorce yet. And could it get me into any type of trouble with the divorce? My husband if were out of jail when the court date comes along would try and do anything to harm me.
Technically yes, it would be adultery. However, I think that Florida is a no-fault state so that shouldn't really matter (I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong). It could however matter when it comes to custody...but even then, with a record of domestic violence and being in jail, I doubt if dad is a prime candidate for custody anyway.

However, I will give you a little bit of personal advice, that has nothing to do with legal advice. I think you are probably jumping the gun to consider moving back in with your ex. Remember, the relationship didn't work out once before. You really need to give yourself some time to be sure that its the right move for both you and your children.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">