• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adultery forever

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lonesomedove

At some point in the future I intend to file charges of adultery against my husband. He has been unfaithful all through our 20yrs of marriage. My questions is do I have to prove this and if so how?

G

Grandma B

lonesomedove said:
At some point in the future I intend to file charges of adultery against my husband. He has been unfaithful all through our 20yrs of marriage. My questions is do I have to prove this and if so how?
The first thing you'd have to do is establish residency in a state where adultery is grounds for dissolution of marriage.

L

lonesomedove

Grandma B,
are u saying that if I don't live in a state that accepts adultery as cause for a divorce that I'd have to move to one that does?

G

Grandma B

lonesomedove said:
Grandma B,
are u saying that if I don't live in a state that accepts adultery as cause for a divorce that I'd have to move to one that does?
It would be much simpler to just divorce him in Florida and get on with your life. You can't, however, just sue him for adultery.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">