• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adultry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hurtagain

I live in Virginia. I caught my husband in an extra-marital affair last July...made him call her in front of me and end it. Since then, she has continued to make contact with him thru his family, and often by calling our home while I was at work (at night). Last week, he left for a poker game at his brothers house..when I awoke at 1:00 AM and he wasn't home, I went over there...found him and her, alone, doing what they obviously have been doing for some time. He didn't come home all night, knowing I had caught them. On Sun evening, he came home, stormed in the house and told me he had had enough of me..got a few clothes and left. On Monday, I filed for divorce on the grounds of adultry and desertion..papers will be received by him this coming week. My question is this: can I file civil action against her for interfering in our marriage causing this disolvement? We had been doing well together, until she evidently got to him somehow...and I know he's to blame also (which he will pay dearly for), but I want to drag her name thru the dirt whether I win against her or not...this is about the 3rd marriage she has caused to collaspe...please let me know the answer to this unusual question. Thank you very much.

tigger22472

You would have to check your state laws and hopefully someone can answer as to if you can sue her for alienation of affection but in most states you can't. Make her pay in other ways, you're a woman I KNOW we know how to be vindictive when needed. AND... good girl... make him pay dearly. I don't agree with cheating in any means. I stayed in a loveless marriage for a long long time because of my kids. Near the end he and I agreed to have an open marriage to seek what we weren't getting from the other... BAD IDEA. I realize now this was my way out. Even with permission to go out I felt soooooooo guilty when I did and asked for a divorce the next day. The divorce was a good thing...as far as the open marriage thing it helped me make a decision that needed to be made long before but I still don't agree with it. The best revenge is for you to move on and let him see that you can live without you and be happy. To take her to court makes you look bitter. It takes time but that's exactly(time) what gives you the insight to look at things at how they really were. Were you really treated the best you could be and as happy as possible?

kat1963

One state over an you could have gotten her. Take my advice to move on with your life and be happy. You never could have trusted him after the first time you caught him. This kind of b.s. will come back to bite them both in fanny some day...for this you have my promise. I hope you asked for alimony...and are planning to have her testify in court.
KAT

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">