• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jimmymack07

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

Here is my situation, I have been married for just under 4 years. 2 years ago we had a daughter . When my wifes maternity was up, we decided that i would stay home with our daughter. so i have been out of work for about a year and a half. Long story short she found a 5 sentence sexual joking banter on my facebook page ,and now wants a divorce. The house, and the cars are in her name as she had much better credit than i. so i am wondering what my options are . she wants me out of the house. i havent been working so i dont have any of my "own" money . Everything that i made i gave to her. So can she just kick me out ? What about my daughter? Can i keep her? Please advise.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mistoffolees

Here is my situation, I have been married for just under 4 years. 2 years ago we had a daughter . When my wifes maternity was up, we decided that i would stay home with our daughter. so i have been out of work for about a year and a half. Long story short she found a 5 sentence sexual joking banter on my facebook page ,and now wants a divorce. The house, and the cars are in her name as she had much better credit than i. so i am wondering what my options are . she wants me out of the house. i havent been working so i dont have any of my "own" money . Everything that i made i gave to her. So can she just kick me out ? What about my daughter? Can i keep her? Please advise.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Do a little research here since most of your questions have been answered countless times.

She can not kick you out of the house. She would have to file for divorce and ask for possession of the house.

Custody of your daughter is determined by the court on the basis of what would be in the best interest of the child. If you've been caring for the child for 2 years, it is unlikely that she will obtain sole custody. Joint custody (even 50:50 split physical custody) is becoming more common, so you have every right to ask for joint custody (actually, you can ask for sole custody, if you wish, but it's hard to get unless the other parent is unfit).

Your marital assets will be half yours. That includes any increase in home equity during your marriage. It does not matter who was brining in an income and who wasn't.

Meanwhile, you will need to get a job. No matter what happens with assets and/or custody, you need to be able to support yourself.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

While I agree with Misty for the most point -- answer the following: What exactly did the bolded state? 5 sentence sexual joking banter? One thing you will find out is that joking is NOT always joking -- especially on the internet. Second thing you will find out is everything you do or say CAN be used against you in a court of law. So what were the five sentences that have her demanding a divorce?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">