• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice for Cheap KY Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brumboz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

What is the most affordable way to get a divorce in Illinois when both parties agree in advance on the division of all assets, payments, and child custody and would prefer the process to be a cheap, smooth, and quick as possible?

Would a pro bono attorney be a good choice here? If so, how can I find one in my area (Metropolis, IL)?

Thanks,

EDIT: I believe the correct state here is IL, not KY. I am currently residing in Kentucky but my husband lives in IL. Thanks.

Golfball

What is the state of the last marital residence, and does IL allow non-residents to file (assuming the adverse party is a resident)?

brumboz

What is the state of the last marital residence, and does IL allow non-residents to file (assuming the adverse party is a resident)?
The state of last marital residence would be Illinois
I do not know the answer to your second question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">