• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

advices pls

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gistplace

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? maryland...I am a foreigner and i got married to a hispanic american abt 2 month ago.My wife lied to me that she hasn't seen her ex-boyfriend 8 months before i married, but, i was surprised to see in my wife's email that she has be communicating with her regarding the baby in her womb she told me it was mine..She told me she was 5 weeks pregnant for me, only to know that she was 12 weeks pregnant and in all indications there is no way she can be 12 weeks pregnant for me..She started the issue of getting pregnant for me because she told, she wanted to keep me, in order not for me to divorce her after getting my immigration benefit..And i told her to get pregnant if that was the case, but, i never knew i have been betrayed..And regarding the immigration issue, she has used it as a threat in my life , that she will make sure i do not get a green card,if when she knows she is wrong , but she still claims right..What do I do?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? maryland...I am a foreigner and i got married to a hispanic american abt 2 month ago.My wife lied to me that she hasn't seen her ex-boyfriend 8 months before i married, but, i was surprised to see in my wife's email that she has be communicating with her regarding the baby in her womb she told me it was mine..She told me she was 5 weeks pregnant for me, only to know that she was 12 weeks pregnant and in all indications there is no way she can be 12 weeks pregnant for me..She started the issue of getting pregnant for me because she told, she wanted to keep me, in order not for me to divorce her after getting my immigration benefit..And i told her to get pregnant if that was the case, but, i never knew i have been betrayed..And regarding the immigration issue, she has used it as a threat in my life , that she will make sure i do not get a green card,if when she knows she is wrong , but she still claims right..What do I do?
Let's see. You tried to get a woman pregnant so you could get a green card and then married her when you had only known her somewhere between 5 and 12 weeks. Now your actions are coming back to bite you.

You're going to be stuck. The baby will be legally yours when it is born and you will not be able to get a divorce until after the baby is born. You will have to go through the process of proving that you're not the parent before you have ANY hope of avoiding paying child support. And if you're no longer married, you are going to have to start doing what the immigration laws say. If you don't have a legal right to be here, you'll have to leave - but you should post that part of the question in the immigration forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">