• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Affair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

baseballmom3111

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

If your husband has an affair, which causes you to divorce, is there a legal ground which you can use the other party for a loss of income?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

If your husband has an affair, which causes you to divorce, is there a legal ground which you can use the other party for a loss of income?
What loss of income? Your husband's? Umm no. You cannot sue the mistress because you no longer have your husband's income.

mistoffolees

What loss of income? Your husband's? Umm no. You cannot sue the mistress because you no longer have your husband's income.
Of course, but of the 10,000 times this question (can you sue the mistress?) has been asked, at least they came up with a novel approach.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Of course, but of the 10,000 times this question (can you sue the mistress?) has been asked, at least they came up with a novel approach.
Let's extrapolate shall we.
Based on this OP, can I sue Angelina Jolie because since she exists I am not able to get to Brad Pitt's income? What about Melinda Gates -- can I sue her for interfering with me getting to Bill Gates?

Consider the options. Gold digging would reach new proportions.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Based on this post, you seem to consider yourself a prostitute.

mistoffolees

Let's extrapolate shall we.
Based on this OP, can I sue Angelina Jolie because since she exists I am not able to get to Brad Pitt's income? What about Melinda Gates -- can I sue her for interfering with me getting to Bill Gates?

Consider the options. Gold digging would reach new proportions.
Hey, I didn't say it was valid, I just said it was novel.

Besides, I'm thinking about it differently. Can I sue Brad Pitt for keeping me from having a chance with Angelina Jolie?

Golfball

Brad & Angelina seem to be complete head-cases, though.

And a rule from my college days: Don't stick it in the crazy (or don't be stuck by the crazy.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">