• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Affidavit is Dishonest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

starlah

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? colorado

I am the respondent in a nasty divorce case in Colorado. The petitioner has filed motion after motion in an attempt to gain child custody and avoid expensive child support. So far all of his motions have failed.Currently, the parenting time arrangement we have stipulates he get kids 3 weekends a month. The petitioner is also required to pay $2400/mo. He stopped making payment 2 months ago. But I still honor his parenting time faithfully. Incidentally, I no longer have legal representation. Tomorrow I appear in court to defend myself against a "verfied motion to restrict parenting time". The petitioner has allleged nasty (and false) charges against me, most of them subjective and unprovable. However He does make a statement that is clearly dishonest (and thankfully) I can prove it. The petitioner signer an affidavit to support this motion. My question is: Can I ask the court tomorrow do dismiss the motion based on this? Can I ask the court to charge him with perjury?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">