• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

After a bifurcation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gertrude745

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My "ex" husband was granted a bifurcation in October 2010, since that time he has made no attempt to finish the process which is a simple settlement. All property and debt has already been split long ago and he has remarried. He had an attorney at the time but now neither of them respond to my request to finalize everything. What do I need to do to obtain a final judgement?

LdiJ

My "ex" husband was granted a bifurcation in October 2010, since that time he has made no attempt to finish the process which is a simple settlement. All property and debt has already been split long ago and he has remarried. He had an attorney at the time but now neither of them respond to my request to finalize everything. What do I need to do to obtain a final judgement?
If all property and debt were split a long time ago, and you were granted a bifurcation which means that you are actually divorced, what is there left to finalize?

mistoffolees

Get your own attorney and have him complete the process.

If bifurcation was granted and property and debt were split long ago, it shouldn't take long or cost very much.

Or contact the CA self-help center:
California Courts - Divorce or Separation

gertrude745

I need a final judgement on the matter in order to change my name and make changes to my retirement plan. I can not afford an attorney to finish this so I just need to know what I need to do in order to receive a final judgement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">