• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

on again off again

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

frankbrugger

Several weeks ago my wife and I had a blow out verbal fight where the outcome was decided we would split. I sought sessions with a therapist in hopes of showing an intent to make the marriage work. she would have no part in that and after pulling out a knife on me and me calling the police I left at their suggestion and stayed with neighbors. My wife keeps stating she wants a divorce and agrees to split bills. I have since moved in to a spare room and try to keep meetings brief. The problem is she changes her mind constantly not about the divorce, but paying bills. If I come home late she threatens, if I come home on time she insults. I keep reminding her that we are seperated but living under the same roof (temporally) but that only works for a few days. She is moving out when she saves up money. We live in Florida. I believ that this is a no fault state and she is resposible for half the debt and assets. Is this correct, or can she keep threatening me every time I don't come home or don't answer her beeps? She says there is no way she wants to stay together and even wants to date and keep her distance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">