• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

alienation of affection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sueszoo67

What is the name of your state? north carolina
My husband of 14 years and 2 children has recently come back from working in Florida. He told me he wants a divorce, that he is no longer in love with me. He also told me that 6 yrs ago he cheated on me when he was out of townwith a women he met in a bar, and this time he met another woman in a bar who he did not sleep with he claims but says she is his "soul mate", they talk every day on the phone and he has told me that she has encouraged him to leave me. So my question is with us being in N.C. and her in Fl. can I sue her for alienation of affection. Also my husband and I just moved here in June, our mortgage is twice what it was in our old house. I want to keep the house for the kids. not sure if I can afford it though. He said he would let me keep the house and give me child support, but he wants his 401k, stocks and mutual funds, the big screen tv, the formal living room set, and the good china. which means I get all the bills he gets all the money and then goes to live with his parents rent free. My husband does have a drinking problem and is very mentally abusive, he has also given me an std. Where do I stand in all this? and where do I start?

Nocgirl

First of all, you should see an attorney.

It is possible you can be awarded the marital residence BUT you need to be able to afford it. It is time to start planning life as a single mom.

you have been married long enough you might be able to pull in some alimomy as well as CS.

As far as alienation of affection, highly unlikely you can sue on that as your husband is just as responsible for the affair as this other woman.

I recommend you see an attorney and do this right.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">