• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alienation of Affection?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC, I've recently found out my husband had an affair with his boss. While still in shock, I have so many things running through my head. Someone told me about Alienation of Affection and how in NC you can sue the Other Person in the affair, is this true? If so, how hard is it to prove? And honestly, is it really worth the fight after everything I'm going through now? Not trying to be greedy, just still trying to work things out.

Thanks.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC, I've recently found out my husband had an affair with his boss. While still in shock, I have so many things running through my head. Someone told me about Alienation of Affection and how in NC you can sue the Other Person in the affair, is this true? If so, how hard is it to prove? And honestly, is it really worth the fight after everything I'm going through now? Not trying to be greedy, just still trying to work things out.

Thanks.
You would have to prove that your marriage was fine until the boss enticed him to an affair. Monetary damages awarded minimal. No...(IMO) It is not worth it to put your dirty laundry out there and humiliate yourself and children for a couple of thousand bucks. Divorce him and move on.

Farfalla

I agree with baystategirl...

additionally you say that you are trying to work things out. Does this mean that you are working on your marriage? If it does.... going after the other woman might very well back fire. Concentrait on your marriage. She is NOTHING to you. It is your husband who broke his vows.

Thank you both, as for trying to figure everything out, i meant everything in general, but I think we are going to try and workout our marriage. Like I said, i was just checking to see if it was worth it, and it doesn't sound like it is. Thank you both for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">