• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

alienation of affection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rszablewski

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
I am looking for an attorney to file an alienation of affection case.....no one seems to be able to answer questions about this. Only that no one has won one of these in Illinois in 20 years? Could this be true? And if so,,,why have the suit on the books?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I am looking for an attorney to file an alienation of affection case.....no one seems to be able to answer questions about this. Only that no one has won one of these in Illinois in 20 years? Could this be true? And if so,,,why have the suit on the books?
Most states don't have it on the books. Depending on the details of your case why do you want to sue the person who cheated with your spouse?

mistoffolees

I am looking for an attorney to file an alienation of affection case.....no one seems to be able to answer questions about this. Only that no one has won one of these in Illinois in 20 years? Could this be true?
It could easily be true. But you can probably find out by doing a Google search.

And if so,,,why have the suit on the books?
Probably for the same reason that it's illegal to hunt whales in Oklahoma (true fact). Politicians are idiots.

Or maybe they just never got around to changing the law.

Humusluvr

That doesn't make sense. It's illegal to hunt them in OK, so why do they need to hide?
Pharm was implying that the whales had gone extinct due to over-hunting.

I am suggesting that the whales might have evolved or adapted to their environment with a form or camouflage or mimicry so complex that their presence is undetectable at this time.

Or, maybe they are hiding so as to hunt their prey, and that it doesn't have anything to do with human predation.

There are quite a few more theories I could suggest, but that would make my bio-nerdiness even more apparent.

mistoffolees

Pharm was implying that the whales had gone extinct due to over-hunting.

I am suggesting that the whales might have evolved or adapted to their environment with a form or camouflage or mimicry so complex that their presence is undetectable at this time.
I got it, but my point was that since whale hunting is illegal in OK, there is no environmental pressure on them to force them to adapt that way. Typically, animals evolve only to counter an environmental pressure. Lacking that pressure, there's no reason for such evolution - which is why I responded as I did.

Humusluvr

I got it, but my point was that since whale hunting is illegal in OK, there is no environmental pressure on them to force them to adapt that way. Typically, animals evolve only to counter an environmental pressure. Lacking that pressure, there's no reason for such evolution - which is why I responded as I did.
There are other environmental pressures that are possible.

I like you! Good debate on whales in the divorce forum :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">