• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alienation of Affection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

happymonk335

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

Hello. Before hand I would like to thank all of you who had some input into this matter.

My mother is currently going through a divorce with my father. My father was caught cheating with another woman living in California. My father instigated the divorce procedure, as my mother wanted to work the issues out. I understand that the illinois is one of the few states that still rule the alienation of affection lawsuit legal.

My mother has evidence of love and affection from my father during their marriage.
My mother has evidence of misintent and ill will of the paramour to break up the divorce between my mother and father. (Emails telling my father to ignore his children and not live with his wife).
Proof there is actual damage done as my mother and father were looking to buy homes before hand that could have seen them make 400-500k from house flipping.

The question I have is how likely do you believe my mother will win this case against the paramour. Also please understand that under law the woman tried to alienate my father while he was in Illinois with texts and emails. I have read that this is permissible by the courts.

Thanks

Eekamouse

These are questions your mother should be asking her divorce lawyer. You need to butt out or risk alienating your father from yourself, which you will regret in later years. Stay neutral. This is their divorce, not yours.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

Hello. Before hand I would like to thank all of you who had some input into this matter.

My mother is currently going through a divorce with my father. My father was caught cheating with another woman living in California. My father instigated the divorce procedure, as my mother wanted to work the issues out. I understand that the illinois is one of the few states that still rule the alienation of affection lawsuit legal.

My mother has evidence of love and affection from my father during their marriage.
My mother has evidence of misintent and ill will of the paramour to break up the divorce between my mother and father. (Emails telling my father to ignore his children and not live with his wife).
Proof there is actual damage done as my mother and father were looking to buy homes before hand that could have seen them make 400-500k from house flipping.

The question I have is how likely do you believe my mother will win this case against the paramour. Also please understand that under law the woman tried to alienate my father while he was in Illinois with texts and emails. I have read that this is permissible by the courts.

Thanks

One more thing, IL has no jurisdiction over your father's new love. The only legal action mom will be able to take is called divorce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">