• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

alienation of affections

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

green_juniemoon

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Oklahoma
In another post, a reply said that alienation of affections was not a valid cause in Texas.
Was wondering if it is in Oklahoma or California?
I suspect my husband and his step-sister. Don't know if that would constitute incest. We live in Ok & she in Ca., long story involved.
Also was wondering if it could possibly be a violation of civil rights, you know, the right to the pursuit of happiness, etc.
Not kidding.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

green_juniemoon said:
What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Oklahoma
In another post, a reply said that alienation of affections was not a valid cause in Texas.
Was wondering if it is in Oklahoma or California?
I suspect my husband and his step-sister. Don't know if that would constitute incest. We live in Ok & she in Ca., long story involved.
Also was wondering if it could possibly be a violation of civil rights, you know, the right to the pursuit of happiness, etc.
Not kidding.
My response:

First, both Oklahoma and California do not recognize the cause of action referred to as "Alienation of Affections" nor "Criminal Conversion."

Second, husband and step-sister relationships are not "incest" - - at least, not in California.

What could be "a violation of civil rights"? The husband and step-sister relationship?

IAAL

G

green_juniemoon

bummer

Your reply is really a bummer. It seems that a spouse can just get tired of their present partner and go after someone else and make a mockery out of the marriage.
After devoting most of ones life to a person it seems like there should be some kind of compensation for this.
At one time the family was the backbone of this country. Too bad it has turned into a joke.
The step-sister lost her husband in '99 and has went after several relationships since, and now there is every indication that she has focused on my husband, her step-brother. That is stepping on my rights.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: bummer

green_juniemoon said:
Your reply is really a bummer. It seems that a spouse can just get tired of their present partner and go after someone else and make a mockery out of the marriage.
After devoting most of ones life to a person it seems like there should be some kind of compensation for this.
At one time the family was the backbone of this country. Too bad it has turned into a joke.
The step-sister lost her husband in '99 and has went after several relationships since, and now there is every indication that she has focused on my husband, her step-brother. That is stepping on my rights.
My response:

Hey, don't shoot me. I'm only the piano player.

IAAL

G

grandpabri

Re: Re: bummer

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:

My response:

Hey, don't shoot me. I'm only the piano player.

IAAL
Hey, that was a great Elton John album.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">