• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alimony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dutchg

I live in California. I divorced my first wife after 22 years. I've been married to my second wife for over 11 years. I have been paying alimony faithfully to my first wife and the divorce stipulates I must do this for the rest of my life or until she dies or remarries (which will never happen). She has worked full time for the city for 5 or 6 years. Her mother is very well off financially and provides for her in many ways - cars, vacation trips, home remodeling, etc.

I pay $400 a month alimony. Is there a way I can stop paying her alimony without a big legal battle? I'm sure she doesn't really need the money, but she feels like this is my punishment for leaving her.

vrzirn

"Without a big legal battle"-NO. It is called buying hay for a dead horse.What her mother does for her is none of your concern.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">