• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

am i or am i not

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

swexa

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
i got a question, as my wife and i are braking up but still living under the same roof, she told me she had filed for a divorce 2 months ago, and says she is now divorced from me, but i never been served papers nor has anyone told me im divorced sept from my wife,

acording to her she had said to her lawyer that i was going to leave to a different country as im not from the US and i will be moving back as she was the only reason i wanted to be in the states in the 1st place, but is there a way to get divorced from someone without even knowing it? or signing anything? or not even get served with papers, specialy as im still living in the same house as her, i wouldent deny signing anything but for gods sake give me the godang papers and a pen heh :D

LdiJ

swexa said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
i got a question, as my wife and i are braking up but still living under the same roof, she told me she had filed for a divorce 2 months ago, and says she is now divorced from me, but i never been served papers nor has anyone told me im divorced sept from my wife,

acording to her she had said to her lawyer that i was going to leave to a different country as im not from the US and i will be moving back as she was the only reason i wanted to be in the states in the 1st place, but is there a way to get divorced from someone without even knowing it? or signing anything? or not even get served with papers, specialy as im still living in the same house as her, i wouldent deny signing anything but for gods sake give me the godang papers and a pen heh :D
Its almost impossible that a divorce could have taken place in just two months....plus if its done without serving you, then it was done fraudulently, and in any case, again, it would definitely take longer than two months.

swexa

ok cool

than i know its just plain bull, cause i never even heard anything, cause you do have to be atleast notified somehow i asume

swexa

question

is there anyone else that can give me a sugestion, or maby a clue, id like to hear this to confirm it from a few people if you can, it is very important to me

LdiJ

lin178 said:
A divorce in Texas only takes 60 days thats 2 months.
I realize that there is a 60 day waiting period....however you have to take into consideration court dates etc....it takes longer than 60 days altogether.

seniorjudge

swexa said:
is there anyone else that can give me a sugestion, or maby a clue, id like to hear this to confirm it from a few people if you can, it is very important to me
There are thousands of places in the United States where you can get a divorce.

I don't know how to check them all.

lin178

I filed dec. 23rd.and I was in court and divorced feb. 23rd. Guess it depends what county in texas your in and how busy the court is.

AHA

lin178 said:
I filed dec. 23rd.and I was in court and divorced feb. 23rd. Guess it depends what county in texas your in and how busy the court is.
Fine, but your spouse was notified right?? You didn't just go to court and get divorced all by yourself without your spouse even knowing about it, did you??

lin178

Yes my X did sign papers but he didn't have to go to court. I would go to the courthouse and check to see if someone signed my name, the information is public and free. If your county has a web site you can look it up for free also.

ceara19

In Texas you can file a notification by publication. If swore in an affidavit to the district clerk that she couldn't find you, than she can take out an ad in the local paper instead of having you served in person. If she did this, however, it is fraud and perjury if she actually knew where to find you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">