• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I a bigamist?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dj14

What is the name of your state? California

I recently discovered that I married my second husband weeks before my divorce from my first husband was finalized. The marriage and divorce took place almost 10 years ago. I am aware that this makes the second marriage void, but that is the least of my worries. What I am really concerned about is the possibilty of facing criminal charges for the few weeks that I was married to two people at the same time.

Is there a statute of limitation regarding the criminal prosecution of bigamy?

H

hexeliebe

You were. but you are not now.

go forth my child and Marry no more.....

My question is "Why would any woman want to marry more than one man?"

C

clayspretty

To answer hexeliebe's question.
Maybe a woman marries a man that pretends to be wonderful but then later he shows her he is an alcoholic, abusive, adulterer that doesn't want help no matter how hard she tries to make things better!

finally after all the cussing, beatings, lies and embarrassment she divorces him and meets the man of her dreams. A wonderful man that shows her true unconditional love. The man that lets her live happily ever after.
Sounds like I speak from experience? your right, I do!
If your saying this is against gods will then I disagree. but if really is well then I guess I'm atleast going to hell happy.
My first husband was hell! My second is a little taste of heaven.

H

hexeliebe

the question was about bigamy....it wasn't meant to elicit a diatribe.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">