• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I a Bigomist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

daren

What is the name of your state? Missouri
In 1985 i married while stationed in ft.benning georgia. georgia was where i lived, but was married in alabama. when i got out of the service in december 1986, my wife was wanting a divorce, we had already been separated for ten months. i moved back to missouri in december 1986. over the next six months we wrote back and forth about my son who was born in july 1986. during this time my ex had wrote about the divorce that she was getting. she was said that she got it by my abandonement of the family, or something to that effect. she remarried in the summer of 1987. when she married she moved and that was the last that i heard from her in a very long time. i married in feb1988, then divorced my second wife in july 1993. in february 1995 i married my third wife. by november 1996 i finally tracked my first wife down, and we agreed that my son would spend the summer of 1997 with me. when that time came, she dissappeared again. my third wife and i decided to get a lawyer and seek custody.by november of 1997 my first wife was served, and we went to court. the first thing the judge wanted was who currently had legal custody, and the documents to prove so. it was at this point that i found out that yes my first wife had filed and had everything set up. the problem was that she never took thmandatory divorce classes or counseling required by Georgia law. so now i had to set a new court date in january 1998 for divorce and custody. my third wife was very understanding during this time. in january 1998 i went to court got divorced, and won custody. so, here we are in june 2003. i live in missouri. i've been married three times (i think). and am now separated from my third wife and looking to divorce. or do i need to. or am i already single due to the non divorce of the first wife, am i a bigomist? am i in trouble

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">