• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I Divorced or Not? Please Help?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LivingLife45

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

My Ex likes to play games. She states that we are still married and she wants a Divorce, yet I have filled out Divorce papers twice in the past and signed them. I looked online at the Superior Court of California website and this states a Case Detail indicating Dissolution of Marriage - filed by her. How do I know if I am really divorced? Would CA courts even place this Case Detail - as just a filing or is the divorce final..since I signed and she filed? I can't think she could have filed without also signing the divorce papers as a part of filing. Thank you very much for your time and help! Just want to live my life and know that I am Divorced. :confused:

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
http://www.courts.ca.gov/1035.htm

We have no way of knowing what papers you have filed, whether you filed for divorce or were responding.
So perhaps you should look to see about whether the process has been completed.

It sounds like you don't have a Divorce Decree in your possession (which would be the clearest way of determining that everything was finalized).

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

My Ex likes to play games. She states that we are still married and she wants a Divorce, yet I have filled out Divorce papers twice in the past and signed them. I looked online at the Superior Court of California website and this states a Case Detail indicating Dissolution of Marriage - filed by her. How do I know if I am really divorced? Would CA courts even place this Case Detail - as just a filing or is the divorce final..since I signed and she filed? I can't think she could have filed without also signing the divorce papers as a part of filing. Thank you very much for your time and help! Just want to live my life and know that I am Divorced. :confused:
Call the court and find out if the dissolution was finalized.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">