• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I entitled to anything?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

libbydog

What is the name of your state? OHIO
My husband and I have been married for 5 years but separated for the past 11 months (not a legal separation) He is an admitted cocaine addict and that is why he left. He started a successful business ( with my help ) 2-1/2 years ago but 4 months ago (when his family found out about his addiction) the business was transferred to his mother. According to the family, if we divorce now I am entitled to NO part of the business. Is this true? I worked there for 2 years - sales, office etc., wrote the initial business plan, designed the logo etc. Aren't I still entitled to some part? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

BelizeBreeze

libbydog said:
What is the name of your state? OHIO
My husband and I have been married for 5 years but separated for the past 11 months (not a legal separation) He is an admitted cocaine addict and that is why he left. He started a successful business ( with my help ) 2-1/2 years ago but 4 months ago (when his family found out about his addiction) the business was transferred to his mother. According to the family, if we divorce now I am entitled to NO part of the business. Is this true? I worked there for 2 years - sales, office etc., wrote the initial business plan, designed the logo etc. Aren't I still entitled to some part? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Call your mother in law and invite her to dinner. Then, when she's taking a bite of her lemon Salmon, hand her your attorney's business card and explain to her that he/she is putting together a team of forensic accountants to go over the business records in preparation for divorce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">