• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

am I gonna make it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dreamer181

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Ok, here goes. I'm 36 Just got laid off last month, and My husband is non-communicative, and intimidating amongst other things. We've been married for 16 yrs.
I want out of the marriage but I'm real scared, because he uses sabotage and *withholds* access to things when I stand up to him. We have a home with 2 horses on the property, that my daughter shows, and is her livelyhood.
In the event I develop the balls to file for separation or divorce, I know I will have to file a protection order right along with it.

I don't want to end up living in my car or anything, what are the chances I can keep my house? He would definitely fight tooth and nail every step of the way I'm sure of it.

My car is in my name only and he has alot of bills in his name only, since I will not see any of his inheritence he has just been awarded when his uncle dies....I see no reason to drag this out....am I gonna make it? Financially? or should I just stick it out for a roof over our head?

thanks in advance.

H

hexeliebe

The only answer I can give you is in the form of a question.

What is more important to you, money or your emotional well being?

Things have a way of working out. Although you don't know my history, 22 years ago I was living under a bridge and now I also live on a farm, 40-acres just outside Nashville, have three racehorses, 24 cats (persian show cats - two national champions) and a Bell Helicopter in the front yard.

Yes, you can survive. But only if you decide to.

By the way, I'm a man.

D

dreamer181

well I think my emotional well being does have to do with money and how I will live, I don't wan't my daughter blaming me, If I have to sell her horses to get by.

I guess for her happiness.........I will scrifice mine, and continue to pray for the day I can be free.

But I do understand what you're saying and congratulations on your successes

any ballpark figure on what it might cost me to file for a legal separation if I did?
thanks

H

hexeliebe

You can usually speak with an attorney for free initially. I would strongly advise you to do this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">