• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I Really Married?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jobina

What is the name of your state? NM. Back in August of 2000, I got married to my now husband in the name of Raven Jobina Lona-McCabe. Back in 1997, I tried to legally change my name when I lived in California. I was supposed to run an announcement for thirty days saying I had changed my name and then go to court and get an approval. I never got that done. Instead, I moved to Colorado and just started using my new name. I got a new license and social securtiy in this name. My real name is Rachel Lynn Lackey. I can never go by that name again because of issues in my past. But then, I got married to my husband in that name. I didn't think anything about it until I went to get a surgery and they looked up my social security and two files opened up. One has my old married name of Rachel Lynn Orendorff, and ther other has my new married name, Raven Jobina Lona-McCabe. Now, my question is, aside from any common-law union, which doesn't count, am I legally,, technically married, or do I need to start over? This is really important that I find out since my religion will not accept anything but a legall, binding marriage on paper.If there is anything that doesn't comply with that, I will need to rectify it right away. Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">