• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I really married?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ely23

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Arizona

I'm not sure what to do. So I'm going to get right to the point.
When my ex and I got our marriage license. I do believe it said that if it wasn't file within 90 or 180 days it was nu-void. Or something like that.
1. The license was never filed.
2. 1 month after we got married we slit up.
3. I know it was never filed because the pastor of the church gave it back to me after he signed it.
So I guess the question is. Am I really married? I don't even have the marriage license anymore...

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Arizona

I'm not sure what to do. So I'm going to get right to the point.
When my ex and I got our marriage license. I do believe it said that if it wasn't file within 90 or 180 days it was nu-void. Or something like that.
1. The license was never filed.
2. 1 month after we got married we slit up.
3. I know it was never filed because the pastor of the church gave it back to me after he signed it.
So I guess the question is. Am I really married? I don't even have the marriage license anymore...
Double check with the court-house; find out for sure if anything has been filed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">