• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I responsible for his medical bills while he is in jail?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

velbing

What is the name of your state? WI
My husband is in jail awaiting trial and looking at many many years in prison. He has been there since Dec. 3, 2001. He tried to hang himself at the end of August and again a couple of weeks ago. Now his bills from the emergency room, the mental health facility ( where he refused the prescribed treatment) xray interpretation, and ambulance service have started rolling in. He was on suicide watch during both instances. I am in the process of filing for divorce and don't have medical insurance for our kids and myself. Am I responsible for these debts?

V

velbing

am i responsible?

I started forwarding the bills on to the county jail where he is locked up. I don't know if this is the way to go or not. At this point I would be more willing to give him a few lessons on how to tie a noose correctly than to pay for his self pity. After all, his actions put him where he is.
Sorry, just venting.:mad:

G

gooberitiz

I must admire you for doing the right thing, getting a divorce and hoping he will hang imself correctly , next time.

I like that idea.

Just send his bills to the court house, its his bills.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">