• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

am I still married ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

diane's mom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ca
I got married in California in 1992 and again in Reno, Nevada in 1994 ( in a chapel ) to the same man. We filed for divorce in 2000 only in California. Do I still need to file in Reno, NV ? Am I still married ???

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ca
I got married in California in 1992 and again in Reno, Nevada in 1994 ( in a chapel ) to the same man. We filed for divorce in 2000 only in California. Do I still need to file in Reno, NV ? Am I still married ???
If you obtained a valid divorce in 2000, then you are no longer married to that person.

Isis1

Maybe, but probably not as much as the person who couldn't remember that they had already posted this question and had it answered less than a week ago.
oh that's not the worst of it. this is a serial thread starter. FIVE years ago, she posted one about her custody issues. didn't respond to that one either....;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">