• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am i in trouble!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wkpone12

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GEORGIA

Can someone answer a question. I recently seperated from my wife of 17 years about 3 months ago. We are both disabled and she decided I was too sick for her therefore she got her a new fellow. I do not care about this. She gets her income and I get mine, mine being the greater of the two. I got a call from Adult Protective Services last week. The lady there stated that I had been reported and that I had abandoned her!! We agreed upon seperation that she would remain in the apartment and take care of the expenses there. I barely receive enough ssdi to cover my meds and doctors. The lady at Adult Protective states I need to give her money for moving expenses and medications. She has led them to think she is penniless and has no income of her own which is not true. They are insisting that I need to pay these and other expenses as they are having to do so to keep her out of the street!! I have never heard of this and this does not seem fair. Anybody know anything about this type of thing. Neither of us has a lawyer as I am not able to afford one and neither is she. What should I do?

WKPONE12

latigo

Can someone answer a question. I recently seperated from my wife of 17 years about 3 months ago. We are both disabled and she decided I was too sick for her therefore she got her a new fellow. I do not care about this. She gets her income and I get mine, mine being the greater of the two. I got a call from Adult Protective Services last week. The lady there stated that I had been reported and that I had abandoned her!! We agreed upon seperation that she would remain in the apartment and take care of the expenses there. I barely receive enough ssdi to cover my meds and doctors. The lady at Adult Protective states I need to give her money for moving expenses and medications. She has led them to think she is penniless and has no income of her own which is not true. They are insisting that I need to pay these and other expenses as they are having to do so to keep her out of the street!! I have never heard of this and this does not seem fair. Anybody know anything about this type of thing. Neither of us has a lawyer as I am not able to afford one and neither is she. What should I do?

WKPONE12
What should you do?

Ask this officious female at APS on what authority she is making financial demands on you.

And if she tells that you she has such authority, tell her she lying and exposing herself to criminal charges for extortion!

LdiJ

WKPONE12
While I don't disagree with Latigo...Adult Protective Services does have the ability to "escalate" the situation to at least some degree. Spouses do have an obligation towards the "necessaries" of life.

So, a critical question is what is your monthly SSDI, and what is hers?

wkpone12

answer to reply

While I don't disagree with Latigo...Adult Protective Services does have the ability to "escalate" the situation to at least some degree. Spouses do have an obligation towards the "necessaries" of life.

mine is 1543 hers is 956

does this help

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

APS would have to take it to court. They would have to prove that he abandoned him and she doesn't have the means to provide and that he knew that. She has a new fellow -- where is he?

sandyclaus

APS would have to take it to court. They would have to prove that he abandoned him and she doesn't have the means to provide and that he knew that. She has a new fellow -- where is he?
CORRECTION: She ALLEGEDLY has this new fellow and that she ALLEGEDLY abandoned OP for the new fellow. Of course, this is the first time we're hearing about that. In OP's last thread, 3 months ago, he and the wife were struggling to stay in their rental (for which SHE was allegedly on the lease, which came up missing, and he wasn't).

I'm getting more than a bit suspicious. Something just doesn't smell right.

wkpone12

Response to last few answers

hx here and other sites is a must. This op has a history of melodrama and failing to tell the whole story.
never mind. There is no drama in this at all for me. I will not post here again. I am terminally ill and was simply trying to do the right thing. I can see you have little faith in fellow man. Do not trouble yourself anylonger with this. It simply will not make any difference to me 5 months from now.

I really though this site was to help people through others. I am not in court and i certainly do not need to be insulted.

Good bye

sandyclaus

never mind. There is no drama in this at all for me. I will not post here again. I am terminally ill and was simply trying to do the right thing. I can see you have little faith in fellow man. Do not trouble yourself anylonger with this. It simply will not make any difference to me 5 months from now.

I really though this site was to help people through others. I am not in court and i certainly do not need to be insulted.

Good bye
If that's true, then what do you really have to worry about? If you are terminally ill, it's unlikely that the legal system can do anything to force you to support a wife that allegedly abandoned you for another man. In 5 months (by your estimation) it wouldn't even matter if they tried.

Of course, if you're just trying to get a bit of drama going, and go out with a bang, you sure have figured out a way to accomplish that. Maybe your wife DID leave you for another man, or maybe you encouraged her to find someone with whom they could continue their life without you. Either way, that really doesn't matter much in the long run, does it?

Not trying to be mean, just assessing the facts as they have been presented here.

wkpone12

Response to last few answers

if that's true, then what do you really have to worry about? If you are terminally ill, it's unlikely that the legal system can do anything to force you to support a wife that allegedly abandoned you for another man. In 5 months (by your estimation) it wouldn't even matter if they tried.

Of course, if you're just trying to get a bit of drama going, and go out with a bang, you sure have figured out a way to accomplish that. Maybe your wife did leave you for another man, or maybe you encouraged her to find someone with whom they could continue their life without you. Either way, that really doesn't matter much in the long run, does it?

Not trying to be mean, just assessing the facts as they have been presented here.
no drama intended and i do not wish to go out with a bang! Fact is don't want to go out at all. I was not looking for simpathy or drama or anything else just a simple straight forward answer to my question. I though this was unusual and i personally have never heard of anything so abusrd as adult protection getting involved in a marriage breakup. No one has really botherd to answer my question and rather than being insulted i would have preferred to just have gotten a i dont know or simple answer. You are right in 5 months or so it probably will not matter. I am on the heart doner list and hope there is a chance. None of this really matters and has nothing to do with the question i asked. If anyone else has an answer and can get past all the insults i still would like to know more information than i have at this time. Live or die i would still like to know. The last year has been really hard and yes i have had tremendous financial problems most of which have been due to my illness, nevertheless, i simply though this site might have given me some insite to possibly head off some problems. I probably have seemed to come across as melowdramatic as i have had some really bad problems over the past year. I certainly hope i have not offended anyone and simply do not wish to have even more problems trying to get an answer. This is my final post and hope others are not insulted for asking about their problems. I will solve this issue on my own. I would like to thank the first post. This information was helpful

single317dad

I am terminally ill... It simply will not make any difference to me 5 months from now.
in 5 months or so it probably will not matter. I am on the heart doner list and hope there is a chance... Live or die i would still like to know... This is my final post
mel·o·dra·ma
ˈmeləˌdrämə/
noun
1. a sensational dramatic piece with exaggerated characters and exciting events intended to appeal to the emotions.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">