• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Amend divorce decree to change name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

epelser

How do I change State of Florida divorce decree so that I can change back to Maiden Name. When I went through hearing I told judge I was keeping married name but I have changed my mind and want to go back to maiden name. I have tried contacting the clerk of court on how to do this on several occasions but they never get back to me on this.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You need to file a motion for a name change -- most likely in Probate court. It will cost a filing fee as well as costs of publication in newspapers.

LdiJ

You need to file a motion for a name change -- most likely in Probate court. It will cost a filing fee as well as costs of publication in newspapers.
I agree, but to avoid confusion I will add that it would have nothing to do with your divorce. You had the opportunity during your divorce to change your last name, and chose not to. Now, you would be filing something entirely separate from your divorce, to change your last name.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">