• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

american married to egyption need help :( :(

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

honeybear2002

I am an American ,I was recently in Egypt and I married an Egyptian man there on August 2nd. We met online and I came there and stayed for 3 weeks. He told me that he is from rich classy family and he will pay for my flight ticket and for everything when i come there and i found out he have nothing and he depended on me and my child money. We did an Islamic contract of marriage in the court in Alexandria and even though this man was a converted Christian (or so he said), he falsely put down on this contract he was a muslim and also put down he was never married before, he was married to agirl from south africa named Adila and he show me the marriage contract but never showed the divorce paper. He of course had good explanations to me at the time as to why he put these false statements down on that contract so this is part of what made me start opening my eyes to his lies after I returned back home here. I started questioning muslims here as I thought that was strange for him to lie like that and this is what started me even questioning this man’s intentions. Since returning here to the states, I realized this man fooled me and took advantage of me . This man has had illegal status throughout the European countries for many years and just returned to Egypt about 3 years ago. This man “indirectly” cheated me out of much money while I was there such as putting me in bad sitiuations where I had no choice but to get money from my bank account and credit cards through the ATM. I also had to have money sent Western union by a friend otherwise I would not have had a place to sleep or eat there or even had money to get back to cairo for my flight. I have the bank records to prove all the money spent there. He paid a dentist there $100 from my money and he had me send him $200 westernunion after I reached home. He told his family that i was a doctor to make me look good enough for them and he asked me not to tell that my ex-husband was arabic and not to even mention this marriage to them for some unknown reason. I spent over $5000 total on this trip and have receipts to prove this. I did have to give him $360 in cash to pay for a rental car which was a private rental car for 2 weeks. HE told me at that time that the car cost us like $700 for 2 weeks and that he had paid for one week already and he made me pay the $360 for the second week. He said that he spent on me $1500 in one week and after searching the prices online and things that we did there i know that he didnt spend half this money and I am the one who spent all the moeny hosting him in his country. This man had a really bad nervous temper and would shout at me often making me cry almost daily with this shouting. I never felt scared to the point he could physically abuse me though but his temper was quiet frightening at times. I couldnt count the egyption money and he use to pay from my money for everything. When i asked him to give me my flight ticket money which he agreed to pay before i even leave here which was $1500, he told me i cant give u the money unless ur change ur family name to my family name and it was his way to push me to apply for him here. He have multiple personalities and he would shout on me and make me cry if his mood change. I have requested a divorce from this man many times and he is very angry about this and has went as far as to tell me he will not divorce me unless I pay him money he says he spent on our stay there and also has sent me messages by text and by online telling me he wants his money back that he paid to me for an american visa which is not true and it was his way to scare me and to make me apply for him. This is a major crime he is acusing me of and I need help to resolve this before it turns into something very complicated. I feel I cannot trust anyone there as many tried to cheat me when I was there, in cairo they attempted fraud on me and tried to take my money. I need legal advise and help here from AMERICAN GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS!!! Please help me here. I don’t want to cause a problem within our government and get them involved and the media and such. Please help me here with this mess. This man has a bad temper and put me in some frightening situations there and shouted to me many times. Please tell me what to do please. He has split personality and I do feel this man would go as far as to accuse me of something very illegal just because I did not continue with this fraudulent marriage and bring him to the states and give him status here. I did leave a lot of my documents there with this man such as my original birth certificate, income tax papers, social security number, bank statements, copy of driver license as so forth.I hope and pray this man is not as bad as his temper portrays him to be but after he accused me of taking money from him for the American visa I am really worried now that he is someone I never really knew at all and that he can do bad things if he does not get his way! I do know his family is very dangerous people.There was a man I talked to in alexandria foreign ministry and this man signed our marriage contract approval. He spoke very good English and he talked to me about the intentions of our marriage and made sure it was legit. At the time of course I felt it was and I felt this man was honest to me 100%. I would love to know this man’s name and get in contact with him also as I felt I could really trust this man and his position within the ministry. I did come to the embassy there to get affidavit for approval of marriage after I brought in my previous divorce decrees from here. I am sure you will have these on file there and some of my information.I will reach out to every official I can there in Egypt and hope this email and my plea for help will reach the right hands of justice! I hope it will reach President Mobarak office. This fraud that some Egyptian men there are doing is wrong and needs to be stopped! Yes some of them are the best actors when it comes to winning the trust and hearts of western women and some are professionals in this crime!

My email address is [email protected]. Please contact me as soon as possible on this matter,

please!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You are in the wrong place ... this is free legal advice board. And I'm not sure anyone here can give you advice except to say that your situation is not an American law situation.

cyjeff

Well, that and a sincere request to include the occasional paragraph break.

Wow.

So you are saying someone actually lied to you on the internet? Really?

LdiJ

I read enough of it to get to the part where apparently she has returned home to the US.

Therefore, she can certainly divorce this man here. She doesn't have to do it in Egypt. She isn't going to get her money back, but she doesn't need his permission to get a divorc.e

honeybear2002

thanks for ur help

I didnt and I am not going to register the marriage in the states and because of that I want to know if tI can do it without the marriage being registered here .
I didnt apply for him and i will not do it and the marriage only registered in Egypt and the embassy there i think.
I appreciate any help or providing me with e mail or phone number where i can call and get the help needed.
I will appreciate if anyone know a website or official site i can send my complaint to. :(
I was sooooooooooooooooooooo stupid:(

LdiJ

I didnt and I am not going to register the marriage in the states and because of that I want to know if tI can do it without the marriage being registered here .
I didnt apply for him and i will not do it and the marriage only registered in Egypt and the embassy there i think.
I appreciate any help or providing me with e mail or phone number where i can call and get the help needed.
I will appreciate if anyone know a website or official site i can send my complaint to. :(
I was sooooooooooooooooooooo stupid:(
The US recognizes all legal marriages that take place in another country, therefore whether the marriage is "registered" or not, you need a divorce.

seniorjudge

The US recognizes all legal marriages that take place in another country, therefore whether the marriage is "registered" or not, you need a divorce.
And just exactly where is it that one "registers" these foreign marriages in the USA? :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">