• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Amicable Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Weepena

What is the name of your state? Arizona

My husband and I are getting a divorce and it will be a very amicable one. I'm 65 y.o. and he is 66 y.o. and we are still living together until escrow closes on our house and my condo. AZ has a Default Divorce Without A Court Hearing. I downloaded the form from the Maricopa website, but it doesn't explain what has to be done after filling in the necessary information.

Does anyone know how this works? We don't want lawyers involved and get ripped off with their fees.What is the name of your state?

moburkes

What is the name of your state? Arizona

My husband and I are getting a divorce and it will be a very amicable one. I'm 65 y.o. and he is 66 y.o. and we are still living together until escrow closes on our house and my condo. AZ has a Default Divorce Without A Court Hearing. I downloaded the form from the Maricopa website, but it doesn't explain what has to be done after filling in the necessary information.

Does anyone know how this works? We don't want lawyers involved and get ripped off with their fees.What is the name of your state?
Just over a week ago, you were asking about your IRA. Has the issue, and any other issues having to do with splitting assets and liabilities, been dealt with?

Weepena

Ira

We really don't have any assets to split. We had a car in both names, but he now changed it to his name. So he gets the car. My IRA has made some money, but I took a lot out because he told me to. I think I lost more than I gained. I bought a condo for $90K and I will get 35% (about $70k)of our house when escrow closes 6/16. My escrow closes 6/18. I'm planning on taking a small mortgage out for the balance. We are splitting all the furniture and other stuff. No arguments about anything.

We just want a divorce with no attorneys and no hassles.

Weepena

Why do I need to talk to a lawyer? He refinanced the car of which he is responsible for. Last week I leased a new car of which I'm responsible for. Why would I need a lawyer if we agree on everything? I get 35% of the house and he gets 65%. These percentages are also written on the deed of the house.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Why do I need to talk to a lawyer? He refinanced the car of which he is responsible for. Last week I leased a new car of which I'm responsible for. Why would I need a lawyer if we agree on everything? I get 35% of the house and he gets 65%. These percentages are also written on the deed of the house.
Because Arizona is a community property state. It doesn't matter who is on the title. You need to make sure that everything is done legal and you UNDERSTAND what you are agreeing to as compared to what you are ENTITLED to. If not, a year from now you will be back complaining that you got screwed in the divorce.

Weepena

I guess you're right. What would be the best way to do this without spending tons of money on legal fees? Could we see one attorney or maybe a para-legal? We just want a Default Divorce Without a Court Hearing which AZ offers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">