• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Angry and frustrated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

miles36

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida..I have a question and in need of help, answers and prayers. I have been divorced since 1997 with an indefinite restraining order attached(children 18,19 and 12 now) My job has transferred me 1 year ago which caused the courts to grant me a leave to sell the marital property because the ex-husband could not buy me out. We both had agreed on the transfer of the kids as well only to find out the ex husband only interest was the house. The courts ordered only ME the former wife to hire a license realtor to place the home for sale. I have done all the courts asked of me to do. I still pay the mortgage and maintenance of the property, not the ex husband. Well, to shorten this story filled with hurt and anger, the ex husband was very upset because he could not move into the home. He knew my mailing address was changed because he used to tamper with my mail all the time. I have a po box. I am only 3 hrs away from the home and I travel back and forth, all holiday vacation, summer as well. I still do alot of assignments at my old job til the transfer is complete. I have been employed here for over 19 years. Well, my ex husband purged the courts(a different judge) by stating I have abandoned the property and he cannot locate me for over 2 years. Must i remind you we were just in court last year. He gave the courts the wrong address knowing I would not get the mail to attend court over this matter, which caused the courts to drop the restraining order. He lied and this is purgery? I was at the home in the meantime which caused the two of us to crash with sheriffs and all the nine yards. When I returned home, he made sure i got a copy after the judge signed off. I am in tears and have since then filed a civil form with the courts because there is already a judgement in force that he did not abide by. Help!!!!!He is just trying to move into the home and stop the sale of the property. I still have my belongings there and this is where me and the kids stay when we come down. The home is showing rapidly.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida..I have a question and in need of help, answers and prayers. I have been divorced since 1997 with an indefinite restraining order attached(children 18,19 and 12 now) My job has transferred me 1 year ago which caused the courts to grant me a leave to sell the marital property because the ex-husband could not buy me out. We both had agreed on the transfer of the kids as well only to find out the ex husband only interest was the house. The courts ordered only ME the former wife to hire a license realtor to place the home for sale. I have done all the courts asked of me to do. I still pay the mortgage and maintenance of the property, not the ex husband. Well, to shorten this story filled with hurt and anger, the ex husband was very upset because he could not move into the home. He knew my mailing address was changed because he used to tamper with my mail all the time. I have a po box. I am only 3 hrs away from the home and I travel back and forth, all holiday vacation, summer as well. I still do alot of assignments at my old job til the transfer is complete. I have been employed here for over 19 years. Well, my ex husband purged the courts(a different judge) by stating I have abandoned the property and he cannot locate me for over 2 years. Must i remind you we were just in court last year. He gave the courts the wrong address knowing I would not get the mail to attend court over this matter, which caused the courts to drop the restraining order. He lied and this is purgery? I was at the home in the meantime which caused the two of us to crash with sheriffs and all the nine yards. When I returned home, he made sure i got a copy after the judge signed off. I am in tears and have since then filed a civil form with the courts because there is already a judgement in force that he did not abide by. Help!!!!!He is just trying to move into the home and stop the sale of the property. I still have my belongings there and this is where me and the kids stay when we come down. The home is showing rapidly.
I would strongly recommend that you hire an attorney to try to get the order he got, vacated, based on the lies and the improper service, and to get the restraining order reinstated. Please don't try to do this on your own. The attorney can ask the judge to order that he pay your attorney fees.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">