• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

angry wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yoone

What isWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA
I was married to what I thought was a wonderful person. We were married for almost 9yrs. He told me that
his father was sick and he needed to go home asap (Pakistan). What I found out was that what he did was go home to get married. Once I found out about the marriage he change. He went from the kind loving person he was to a scary threatening person. Not to me but also to the kids. He started thereaten me saying thaat if i didnt sign the divorce papers he was going to leave me broke and homless. I refuse then I took the kids to Kentucky t get away from him he started calling saying that he was going to report that I stole our car and his credit cards and computer. Well to make a story short he forge my name and did a quick divorce case and paid his friend to lie and told me if i didnt my son might come up missisng. Come to find out he said he just wanted was his citizenship, which he receive just days before he went to pakistan. well what I need to ko=now is their something I can do to get support from him and make sure that his new wife he brought back to the usa dont get citizenship on my behalf. the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Proserpina

I was married to what I thought was a wonderful person. We were married for almost 9yrs. He told me that
his father was sick and he needed to go home asap (Pakistan). What I found out was that what he did was go home to get married. Once I found out about the marriage he change. He went from the kind loving person he was to a scary threatening person. Not to me but also to the kids. He started thereaten me saying thaat if i didnt sign the divorce papers he was going to leave me broke and homless. I refuse then I took the kids to Kentucky t get away from him he started calling saying that he was going to report that I stole our car and his credit cards and computer. Well to make a story short he forge my name and did a quick divorce case and paid his friend to lie and told me if i didnt my son might come up missisng. Come to find out he said he just wanted was his citizenship, which he receive just days before he went to pakistan. well what I need to ko=now is their something I can do to get support from him and make sure that his new wife he brought back to the usa dont get citizenship on my behalf. the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You don't get US citizenship just by marrying someone - did you sponsor his permanent residency and during your 9 year marriage he obtained citizenship?

Did you request spousal support as part of the divorce? When was the divorce granted?

LdiJ

Why didn't you report him for being a bigamist? You can file for child support if you have mutual children.

He got citizenship because you sponsored him. If his new wife gets citizenship it will be because he will sponsor her.

yoone

When I married him he was on a student visa living with his best friend. After the marriage he right away wanted to apply for his residence card. Said that it will help him get a better job. He quickly got his card. When he got his citizenship he never even told me. And that was July of 08 he married the lady Oct 8, 08. I learn about the marriage that same month after going through some file in the closet. I also learned that 3 of his friends did the same thing 2-5 day after we married. We have been married for almost 9yrs and he goes home once a year or every other year so I never suspect anything. His parents called regularly made now signs of problems. The divorce was in Nov. 08.

mistoffolees

When I married him he was on a student visa living with his best friend. After the marriage he right away wanted to apply for his residence card. Said that it will help him get a better job. He quickly got his card. When he got his citizenship he never even told me. And that was July of 08 he married the lady Oct 8, 08. I learn about the marriage that same month after going through some file in the closet. I also learned that 3 of his friends did the same thing 2-5 day after we married. We have been married for almost 9yrs and he goes home once a year or every other year so I never suspect anything. His parents called regularly made now signs of problems. The divorce was in Nov. 08.
Then move on with your life.

If you didn't address support in the divorce, it's unlikely that you could get it now (although you're always free to consult an attorney if you wish).

You can not have his citizenship rescinded, nor can you prevent him from obtaining citizenship for his new wife.

Technically, he was guilty of bigamy since he got married a month before the divorce was final, but you don't gain anything but revenge by bringing that up - and I'm not sure they'd do anything to him even if you did.

Just pick up the pieces and move on.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Husband FORGED wife's signature. She has a right to open up the property settlement & have support addressed since the divorce papers are based on a lie.

mistoffolees

Husband FORGED wife's signature. She has a right to open up the property settlement & have support addressed since the divorce papers are based on a lie.
OK. I missed that part. Yes, she could reopen the property settlement and address support, but there's no way of knowing whether it's worth while in this particular case without more information.

In any event, she needs to drop the immigration issues. She can't take away his citizenship or prevent him from obtaining citizenship for his current wife.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">