• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

To Annul or not to Annul??? That is the question!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gabslva

What is the name of your state? CA

Hi all, I was just wondering? On what grounds can you get a marriage annuled?
Is irreconciable differences enough? Are there specific grounds for that to take place? I have been married for over 8 years...want a divorce and would like to get married again especially through my catholic church...do I have hope?

What about for someone who has only been married 6 months? Someone once told me that annulment was for extenuating circumstances only...is that right?

Help!

justalayman

The chances of you getting an annulment in lieu of a divorce is very slim.

If you are Roman Catholic what you would need to get remarried in the church would be an annulment within the church. This has no legal bearing on your marriage situation so you would still need to get a divorce for the legal aspect of it.

Talk to your priest to see if he feels an annulment is possible.

I guess I should have asked this first but, did you get married in the Catholic church?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">