• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

annullment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kasandraosborn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma

My sister and her husband have separated. He told her he would give her a divorce yesterday, however 3 days before he said he would never sign the papers and he meant til death do they part.

History: They got married last April, 1 week after her 18th birthday without my parents consent(she ran away the year before). Since then she has patched things up with my parents. They had their first baby Jan of 09.

Reasons she wants out of the marriage:

1.) she fears what he's capable of
2.) he verbally abuses her
3.) he hasnt treated her right since they got married, he's verbally abusive
4.) he has threatened suicide before
5.) he admits in a letter that he has put her and their baby in so much harm that its scary
6.) after they were married, he informed her that he was abusive to his ex wife
7.) there is over $1000.00 missing from the checkbook since she has been out of town for the last week and she learned that his dad has been paying some of their bills...however he told her he was paying them and the money is gone.

She wants out but would rather have the marriage annulled that get a divorce. I've been told its possible that it could happen on the grounds of Force & Fraud.

Any input is welcome. Also, she does not trust him with the baby, how to you prevent unsupervised visits?

Silverplum

Stay out of other people's threads when you're here to ask a question. You aren't qualified to answer questions.

It's too late for an annulment, likely. I'm not going to get involved in the custody/visitation aspects -- you're a legal stranger in this, and don't need to be involved. Mama needs to sign up and get her own info: it's very difficult to "advise" through 3rd parties.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma

My sister and her husband have separated. He told her he would give her a divorce yesterday, however 3 days before he said he would never sign the papers and he meant til death do they part.

History: They got married last April, 1 week after her 18th birthday without my parents consent(she ran away the year before). Since then she has patched things up with my parents. They had their first baby Jan of 09.

Reasons she wants out of the marriage:

1.) she fears what he's capable of
2.) he verbally abuses her
3.) he hasnt treated her right since they got married, he's verbally abusive
4.) he has threatened suicide before
5.) he admits in a letter that he has put her and their baby in so much harm that its scary
6.) after they were married, he informed her that he was abusive to his ex wife
7.) there is over $1000.00 missing from the checkbook since she has been out of town for the last week and she learned that his dad has been paying some of their bills...however he told her he was paying them and the money is gone.

She wants out but would rather have the marriage annulled that get a divorce. I've been told its possible that it could happen on the grounds of Force & Fraud.

Any input is welcome. Also, she does not trust him with the baby, how to you prevent unsupervised visits?

LdiJ

They have a child born of the marriage, its definitely too late for an annulment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">