• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Annulment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vianish

What is the name of your state? Arizona
Hi I have a question Ireaaly need help. I got married in Mexico with a american citizen, after one year I found out that he was married to another person in Newy York. We separated two years ago and I want to get married again (religius marriage) So I am trying to annul my marriage. To annul my marriage they asking me for a proof that he still married with another person. I tried to get a marriage certificate but NY records are not public in NY. You think that if I get a lawyer he/she will be able to get that marriage certificate with out causing trouble to my "ex husband". I really do not want him to go jail or something like that.

LdiJ

vianish said:
Hi I have a question Ireaaly need help. I got married in Mexico with a american citizen, after one year I found out that he was married to another person in Newy York. We separated two years ago and I want to get married again (religius marriage) So I am trying to annul my marriage. To annul my marriage they asking me for a proof that he still married with another person. I tried to get a marriage certificate but NY records are not public in NY. You think that if I get a lawyer he/she will be able to get that marriage certificate with out causing trouble to my "ex husband". I really do not want him to go jail or something like that.
You should probably direct that question to an attorney in NY.

S

seniorjudge

vianish said:
If I read your question correctly, you are asking a canon law question.

If you are asking a canon law question, then ask the tribunal where that action is being held.

If you are NOT asking a canon law question, then the answer to your question is that it is virtually impossible to prove anyone is NOT married. It is also virtaully impossible to prove that (if you found his marriage certificate) that he was not married at the time you tried to get married to him.

If you are NOT asking a canon law question, then get divorced from the first guy and that will settle the question once and for all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">