• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Annulment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vianish

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Arizona
Hi I have a question I really need help. I got married in Mexico with a american citizen, after one year I found out that he was married to another person in Newy York. We separated two years ago and I want to get married again (religius marriage) So I am trying to annul my marriage. To annul my marriage they asking me for a proof that he still married with another person. I tried to get a marriage certificate but NY records are not public in NY. You think that if I get a lawyer he/she will be able to get that marriage certificate with out causing trouble to my "ex husband". I really do not want him to go jail or something like that.

vianish said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Arizona
Hi I have a question I really need help. I got married in Mexico with a american citizen, after one year I found out that he was married to another person in Newy York. We separated two years ago and I want to get married again (religius marriage) So I am trying to annul my marriage. To annul my marriage they asking me for a proof that he still married with another person. I tried to get a marriage certificate but NY records are not public in NY. You think that if I get a lawyer he/she will be able to get that marriage certificate with out causing trouble to my "ex husband". I really do not want him to go jail or something like that.
Just get a divorce. It is much less expensive and much easier.

rmet4nzkx

If you want a religious marriage you will have to get the required proof for an annulment. Ask you husband, don't worry about getting him into trouble.

nym9

rmet4nzkx said:
If you want a religious marriage you will have to get the required proof for an annulment. Ask you husband, don't worry about getting him into trouble.
I was right, all your posts are equally useless. No wonder you have so many.

You re-stated what the poster already explained she knew, and then gave an answer that is ridiculously unhelpful. What a waste of time.

rmet4nzkx

nym9 said:

You re-stated what the poster already explained she knew, and then gave an answer that is ridiculously unhelpful. What a waste of time.
So now you are stalking me?
If you notice poster, howamidoing, failed to notice that OP wanted an annulment for religious reasons thus the advice to divorce would not apply. If you found anything wrong with the advice you should have noticed that, not attack my post without reason. Unfortunately, OP will have to have proof of the marriage and lack of divorce, in other words bigamy by her husband to get both civil and religious annulment even though bigamy is grounds for annulment, one still must have proof, there is no getting around that. The easiest way is to ask her husband since she has not got the records otherwise and to not worry about getting him into trouble. Another option would be to prove the marriage in Mexico was invalid, which would be equally difficult. Annulments are not easy to get even with grounds.

What's the problem, is this your wife? You were asking quesitons about divorce and Foreign marriages????? :confused:

nym9

rmet4nzkx said:
Exposing you for what you are - someone hiding behind a large post-count, but whos replies help no one.

The only reason you finally responded with a lengthy post is because I am right, thanks for verification.

BelizeBreeze

nym9 said:

If you value your membership here then I would strongly suggest you CEASE the trolling activites NOW!!!

As to the original post, If you want an anullment, you will either have to hire an attorney to subpoena the records as part of discovery for the anullment action or, if you are going to do this alone, learn how to perform the discovery phase of your legal action.

nym9

BelizeBreeze said:
As to the original post, If you want an anullment, you will either have to hire an attorney to subpoena the records as part of discovery for the anullment action or, if you are going to do this alone.
lol, talk about a troll, you have over 7000 posts and all you do is repeat the original question, which in this case was hiring a lawyer vs. not hiring a lawyer.

Youre another one here simply to add to your post-count, whether you have any helpful advice or not, as if it actually mattered to anyone but you.

BelizeBreeze

nym9 said:
lol, talk about a troll, you have over 7000 posts and all you do is repeat the original question, which in this case was hiring a lawyer vs. not hiring a lawyer.

Youre another one here simply to add to your post-count, whether you have any helpful advice or not, as if it actually mattered to anyone but you.
Thank you for that on-point discussion of the original poster's issues and the legal varities it entails. I'm sure she has learned much from your answers.

I also feel the entire forum will benefit from your next post, your retirement speech from this forum I'll look back on you in a day or two to see if your resignation has been filed.

rmet4nzkx said:
If you notice poster, howamidoing, failed to notice that OP wanted an annulment for religious reasons thus the advice to divorce would not apply. If you found anything wrong with the advice you should have noticed that, not attack my post without reason. Unfortunately, OP will have to have proof of the marriage and lack of divorce, in other words bigamy by her husband to get both civil and religious annulment even though bigamy is grounds for annulment, one still must have proof, there is no getting around that. The easiest way is to ask her husband since she has not got the records otherwise and to not worry about getting him into trouble. Another option would be to prove the marriage in Mexico was invalid, which would be equally difficult. Annulments are not easy to get even with grounds.

What's the problem, is this your wife? You were asking quesitons about divorce and Foreign marriages????? :confused:
I did notice it, but I was simply stating that it is expensive and divorce is much easier.Im sorry that I just dont buy the "for religious" reasons.If you were married, you were married. I apologize to OP. I was simply supplying a means to an end.

AHA

To, you know who, get a room.........that way you 2 can get really close and personal!!!

rmet4nzkx

howamidoing said:
I did notice it, but I was simply stating that it is expensive and divorce is much easier.Im sorry that I just dont buy the "for religious" reasons.If you were married, you were married. I apologize to OP. I was simply supplying a means to an end.
They were married however her husband was already married and not divorced in New York, that's grounds for annulment, in addition to the fact that the Mexican divorce would have to be validated anyway, Neither Annulment ot Divorce will be uncompllicated and will require an attorney.

rmet4nzkx

vianish said:
Is this your husband?
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=216227 https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=228388 https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=207191 https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=228328

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">