• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Annulment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jenn29

What is the name of your state? Texas
If Im residing in a common law state such as this one and my spouse and I signed but never filed our paper with state/city can we get an annulment or disolution to this instead of a divorce?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
A divorce or dissolution is the way to go. You do not have grounds for an annulment based on what you have stated.

LdiJ

A divorce or dissolution is the way to go. You do not have grounds for an annulment based on what you have stated.
I am not sure that is necessary. In Texas they have something that I believe is called an informal marriage, which requires filing a document at the courthouse. If they intended to get an informal marriage but didn't go through with it, then that would be similar to planning a wedding and not going through with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">