• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Annulment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

satumbaga

What is the name of your state? CA

I was engaged to be married in August to my son's mother. I had cold feet and really hating myself. I went up to Reno and met a girl that live in the same area as me. She s a therapist as a profession. We had Plenty to drink as i was telling her my story. Eventually, after 8 or so shots of vodka we went to the chapel and got married. I passed out when i got back to the hotel room and hated myself when i got up that morning.

Can i get my marriage annuled. After all this, i really want to marry my son's mother. I dont think my marriage to the other female was legal. We had since seen each other a couple of times since then but not in a "married" kind of way. Im really really needing an advice on how to move forward. Thanks!

seniorjudge

You have no grounds for an annulment.

Besides, divorces are cheaper and easier.

Since you are an alcoholic, I suggest you get counseling through Alcoholics Anonymous.

penelope10

What is the name of your state? CA

I was engaged to be married in August to my son's mother. I had cold feet and really hating myself. I went up to Reno and met a girl that live in the same area as me. She s a therapist as a profession. We had Plenty to drink as i was telling her my story. Eventually, after 8 or so shots of vodka we went to the chapel and got married. I passed out when i got back to the hotel room and hated myself when i got up that morning.

Can i get my marriage annuled. After all this, i really want to marry my son's mother. I dont think my marriage to the other female was legal. We had since seen each other a couple of times since then but not in a "married" kind of way. Im really really needing an advice on how to move forward. Thanks!
Probably the fastest way to get this resolved is to get a divorce rather than an annulment. Does you fiancee know about this? I advice holding off the marriage until you work out whatever issues you are having as well. It would be fairer to her in the long run.

satumbaga

shallow

i know i was being shallow and probably deserve the kitchen sink. Also, its trite, but i really dont know what got into me. Everything happened and was done with in 20 minutes at 1030 at night!!! I dont remember much of it but next thing i know i was in the hotel room waking up with that "what the f?" unsettling feeling.

Anyway, once you file for annulment and its not granted, can you file for divorce? I want to end it as soon as possible, how long do you think an annulment and divorce take?
I really dont want to be divorce but i guess it just takes that one HUGE mistake.
Is there a way that i can get an annulment as far as anyone can tell? Thanks!

LdiJ

That's pretty clear to me, at least.

Google divorce for your state. Usually they take 6 months, minimum, uncontested.
And annulments might even take longer.

Go see an attorney. At least spend the money for a 30 minute consult.

satumbaga

spare the commentary..

Sounds like a weekend in Vegas for some to me.:D
i just need it to go away.. not at all premeditated, i was just surprised how easily it happened.. and to marry someone staggering around? noone to blame but me. If you are me, what would your course of corrective action is. Not on a personal level, but what legal procedure should i seek to end this mistake.

Silverplum

i just need it to go away.. not at all premeditated, i was just surprised how easily it happened.. and to marry someone staggering around? noone to blame but me. If you are me, what would your course of corrective action is. Not on a personal level, but what legal procedure should i seek to end this mistake.
You've been TOLD.

Divorce.

Not annulment.

There you go. Again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">