• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Annulment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drdavef

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? My ex wife was living in TX at the time of the annulment. We had been married less than a year.

My ex-wife just tracked me down on Facebook, and after 20 years, told me that she never finished the paperwork on our annulment.

I had moved from TX to DC in 1987. She called and said she wasn't coming. Then I was served papers. I signed and returned them, assuming everything was done on her end. I don't remember ever getting confirmation one way or the other, but it was 20 years ago...How do I know?

What agency would I go through to see if the papers were were filed? We were married in Clovis, NM, and lived in El Paso before I took the job in DC.

David FergusonWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? My ex wife was living in TX at the time of the annulment. We had been married less than a year.

My ex-wife just tracked me down on Facebook, and after 20 years, told me that she never finished the paperwork on our annulment.

I had moved from TX to DC in 1987. She called and said she wasn't coming. Then I was served papers. I signed and returned them, assuming everything was done on her end. I don't remember ever getting confirmation one way or the other, but it was 20 years ago...How do I know?

What agency would I go through to see if the papers were were filed? We were married in Clovis, NM, and lived in El Paso before I took the job in DC.

David FergusonWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You would probably want to check with the courthouse in the county in TX where she was living at the time.

However, odds are she is probably telling you the truth now. After 20 years, you are probably going to need to divorce.

If it were me, I would be contacting a local attorney ASAP.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">